You can preview and purchase The Science Project at Amazon or Barnes & Noble websites for a digital or paperback copy, or you can visit Smashwords.com for a digital copy.
Nestor has devoted himself to the care and training of Hector. Things get a little out of hand, but Nestor is able to recover before it’s too late. Nestor gets in deeper with his bad attitude toward Kwan Min and Jasmine. He starts to question himself.
Te following questions are based on Chapters 11-15.
1. Describe Nestor’s relationship with his mother, Ms. Costa, Holly and Jasmine. In your opinion, why is Nestor’s relationship with Jasmine so different from that of the other females in the story?
2. We now know Nestor’s strong feelings of insecurity. Analyze how the males in his life—his father, cousins, and Kwan Min add to these feelings of inadequacy. Think about how Phil’s relationship is the exception to this pattern. What changes to make Nestor question Phil’s loyalty? Give specific examples.
3. Pretend you are Nestor. Create a science log entry for one day showing the care and feeding of Hector.
4. Kwan Min and Jasmine have a plan of their own. Make a prediction about what it might be. Look at the book cover for clues.
5. With his eyes cast down, Nestor stares at in the science table, and for the first time notices the scratches in its surface. How does this serve as a metaphor for Nestor’s life?
Spoiler alert: I will not be providing the answers for the questions. If you’re a serious adventurer, then you will discover the world on your own. Support all your answers with facts found in the book. Seek and you shall find!
You can email Elaine Donadio at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Next: The Science Project Study Guide 4. See you on June 24, 2017!
All rights reserved 2017.